Happy 1st Birthday Micah!

Today Micah turned 1 years old! We can hardly believe how fast this year has gone! Micah is such a precious little creation of God. We are so thankful for his humor and continuous energy he provides to our home.

A year ago today I experienced one of the most tragic moments in my life. I remember my water breaking at 1:00AM Sunday night and thinking "Oh no! My baby is coming and we have to go 100 miles to the closest hospital!" Normally it wouldn't have been so dramatic because we have a hospital 1 mile away from our home. However, the surgeon was out of town and we needed to be secured by a surgeon in case a c-section would need to take place. So, we called our dearest friend Lynn to come to our home to take care of Andrew so we could take off to Virginia, MN. My great and mighty husband Kyle drove the fastest he claims ever and got us 100 miles in roughly an hour or a little more. Thankfully I was still doing ok and we did not have baby Micah in the car (our greatest fear!).

Around 7:30 AM I began "trying" to deliver our precious Micah and after only half an hour Micah would not budge and was not doing well. They rushed me into an emergency c-section and Micah was born at 8:10AM! SCARY!!! During the whole process I lost tons of blood and the doctor was quite worried about my health/survival. Praise God for family and prayers that supported my husband and me. Kyle' s dad came in the moment Kyle was at his worst and was able to pray and be of support to him. My mom and dad were soon behind ready to help and be of support in any way.
Healing was a process following my surgery, but by Gods grace on me I began feeling strong and healthy again. God again reminded me of my life verse that continues to hold true in many of my life's circumstances: Proverbs 3:5- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding: in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

We were thankful to celebrate Micah today as a family and rejoice in Gods sovereignty!

To God be the Glory!

Enjoy the pictures of Micah's 1st Birthday.


Comments

Renee said…
Happy Birthday Micah!
Children are gifts from God and it is always fun to hear the stories of parents a year after they are brought into this world. God truly is faithful and it is amazing to think of the ways in which He works. We praise God that both Anna and Micah are well today.
We love you guys!
Renee
The Andersons said…
Anna - I still get choked up when I think about Micah's birth. God has great plans for you and little Micah! It is a miracle that you are both here today. Many may not understand the seriousness of what you went through or the situation you could have been in if you had not made the choice to go to the next hospital. God is so good! A little late posting, but I have been meaning to for awhile. Hope all is well.

Sally

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅