Last Day of Summer with Mr. Drew

Today marks the last day of summer for the Gunderson boys. Tomorrow Mr. Andrew will head off to Kindergarten and take on his official first day of school. As his mommy I am sad to see my big man head into the real world of human behavior and exposure of things I have not yet taught him.  God tells me that I must remember Andrew belongs to Him and that I must trust that He is watching over him.

Andrew,
I pray that you will never lose your confidence in who you are. Stand strong my first born and know that I am praying for you and am so proud of you. You will learn some hard life lessons along the way..... but know that I am right here waiting to hold you and love you through all the junk life throws your way.

Thank you for a wonderful summer. I have enjoyed every moment of watching you play t-ball and go on endless tubing rides. You sure get fancy on the tube! I loved our many hiking adventures and bonfires sitting together. You were once again a great fisherman this summer and it was so fun watching your smile as you pulled in many big ones:) Thanks for our bike rides to get ice cream and swinging at the park with me and playing tag. I will sure miss you buddy but am so excited for you to begin your new adventure! Happy First DAy of School Tomorrow!
Love- Mommy

Comments

Beth said…
I love this post! Miss you and your boys. Praying for a great first day of school for Drew. =)
Jim said…
You boys are blessed with a great mommy!! Prayed that you would have a great day today Andrew! Grandma and I are so proud of you!! Micah have a wonderful first day of practice school tomorrow! What I want to know is whether this means I can't just come and pick you up on a Friday to go fishing cause of school? Love and miss you guys

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅