Time with my Guys

As we waved goodbye to Kyle in our driveway, Micah prayed that daddy would have a safe trip to Nicaragua and that he would be able to help people have clean water to drink. 
Kyle had a great opportunity to serve God in Nicaragua this month. We are always so proud of him and the way God uses him to bring others closer to Christ. But while he was gone, the boys and I made some special memories together. These boys are growing up so fast and it is so fun to join them in what they love to do and celebrate with them. And that is exactly what we did this week!
 Drew played in 2 tournaments this week, and had an absolute blast! Their team played AWESOME together!!
 This is Drew after his 1st 4th grade tournament all sweaty, but look at that smile! He is FULL of JOY! Drew just loves being on the court being aggressive and being an excellent team player. I was so proud of the way he passed the ball to his team mates and encouraged them to shoot!

 Jake's favorite thing to do is ride his bike up to the park. So we did this twice while Kyle was gone! Jake loves playing tag around all the playground equipment, and is super tricky to catch because he is super speedy! He laughed the whole time and when I got close to tagging him his laugh turned into lots of giggles!! My favorite.
 We took this picture after our tag game, love these smiles.  The weather was beautiful!
 On Wednesday, Jake and I surprised Caleb at recess and ate lunch with him. Caleb loves to have lunch with us and talked the entire time. He introduced me to some new friends and his teacher Mr. T even came to join us! Great time celebrating Caleb's favorite thing w mommy.
 On Friday, Jake and I loaded up a bag of games and a few puzzles and took off to Caribou. We had so much fun hanging out together and enjoyed some special drinks. Jake had the Oreo Snowdrift and I enjoyed my normal dark roast coffee.
Drew played his 2nd tournament with 3 wins and it was fun to have grandma and grandpa join us! We all cheered super crazy loud for him and you could tell he felt like an all-star. I love just lovin' up these boys!!

 One of Drew's favorite plays...

and he scores!!!
 We had to head to Culver's after to hash these games out and talk about how great basketball is!
 That afternoon, we headed to Micah's tournament and wowzers, he is one super great basketball player too! I think I have seriously the best basketball players ever.
 So much fun cheering for Micah!!! While daddy was gone, Micah and I also had some extra snuggle time which was so special for him and I. Micah loves his snuggle time.
 As much as the boys and I loved our week together, we sure missed Kyle and were so excited to see him after a full week of being gone. We loved telling him about our week and listening about how awesome it was in Nicaragua.
Thankful God used him to serve and lead in Nicaragua, but so thankful God brought him home safe.
Thankful for each of these guys in my life. I am so blessed that God has entrusted me to love and care for each of them!  Each of my guys have very different personalities and fun things that make them unique from each other... and it is so fun to celebrate who God made them to be! Great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅