September Highlights!

September went by so fast! Getting into a new routine and soaking up the evening hours with the boys and their many activities has made life fly by. Here are our September highlights! 

I forgot to post Jacob's 1st day of Kindergarten pic in the last post and wanted to make sure I put it into this one because he was so excited to start school with the brothers and start being a big boy. Kindergarten is going so well for him and he is really enjoying it!

September lunch date with Jake! We had fun visiting together with his new friends. They are all so cute and funny! They seem to really like "Jakey" 😊

Kyle and I had fun racing in the Stillwater Triathlon! It really was a new experience for us and we both finished feeling excited to start doing more triathlons together. I love that Kyle and I are enjoying this sport together.

Our Friday's together have become my FAVORITE day of the week as we get to spend the whole day together! September Friday's have been spent biking together after the boys take off for school.  I am really soaking up this time w Kyle and loving it. Our rides together are so beautiful with the changing leaves, quiet country roads, and time to connect and refresh together.

Drew and Micah participated in the 3on3 St. Joe's street tourney with their friends and had a blast!! The weather was warm as you can see in the pic on the boys faces, but they had fun together! Preston, Kahne and Noah are pretty awesome dudes. 😎

A fun new tradition we started was pancake Friday's! Each Friday a different boy gets to flip pancakes! Bubba is lovin' this new plan and flipped us pancakes for breakfast last Friday. 🥞 

I had the opportunity to race in the Women Run the Cities Event a few weeks ago. This trail was where I ran both my warm up and cool down, so pretty. It was really hot racing so they ended up closing the 10 mile course I had signed up for. Instead I raced the 10k, which was a little tricky to plan out my pacing because I haven't raced many 10ks lately! I ended up just getting out there and having fun! I ran hard but nothing too crazy with the change up in distance, weather and environment. Sub 7min.

It was an out and back course, which is never good for those of us in the front pack... I ended up running into the 5k runners and tried my best to dodge strollers and runners much slower then myself. It was still fun and I would totally go back next year! Hoping I can do the 10mile next time.

Women Run the Cities 10k! 🏃🏼♀️
Jake just makes me smile. I had to sneak this pic of him in the bathtub because he loves taking a bath after supper! I miss this soapy head so much during the day! So proud of you kindergarten man!

Last weekend was super chill for us and I picked up a trick-or-treat snoopy coloring book that we completely took on and had a blast coloring, chatting and hanging out! I think the BEST conversations come from these simple evenings. These boys fill my heart right up!

Micah and Caleb showing off their football skills on Saturday mornings! So fun to cheer and watch them play together! I love that they are on the same team this year before Micah heads over with Drew in touch football next year.

Drew had the most exciting outing last weekend from his amazing trip to ValleyFair/Valley Scare day with his buddies!!! The pic above is from last year and this years trip with his best friend Kahne. They sure have grown since last year! Drew said it wasn't as scary as last year. It was fun to hear about his day!

6th grade boys making memories together! ValleyFair 2017 was a success!!
September went by quick but so glad we captured a few of our favorites!!
We welcome you October as long as you don't bring too cold of weather yet!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅