42🥳

 42🥳 woke up and ran right to the cross. It was a beautiful morning on my birthday this year. Thankful my body felt healthy and able to run to the cross this year. I was overwhelmed when I got to the cross and found myself kneeling down in the snow and I had tears flowing down my face. I am beyond grateful for the many ways God pours out His love for me! Thankful to call Him Healer, Comfortable, Friend. 

 In the coming year! Excited to get back into racing, as well as learning to grow stronger in cross training and post running things. These two are so easy to neglect when you are just plowing through the miles when you are healthy. My hip injury gave me a new set of eyes on how key recovery and rest and mental training is to my running as well. It can take such a toll on your body, when you’re not careful. After Boston last year, I became reckless and mentally spiraled down into deep burnout and overtraining. Not resting or doing the things that I needed to for a healthy body in training. I couldn’t sleep, became super restless. Felt like I had to keep pressing and pushing to reach my goals. Determined to reach my goals, while falling apart inside, as well as physically feeling tired and sore.  41 was a big learning year. 42 I will begin to practice what I need in order to reach my goals in a healthy, fun, enjoyable way! 

I am looking forward to getting back to racing and choosing to grow stronger physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually! 
42, let’s GO!! Next up, Eau Claire half marathon April 30th!!! 🏃‍♀️#ChooseStrong42

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅