Kyle's First Deer Hunt

This weekend i had the opportunity to go out and take part in my very first deer hunt.  I went out friday night with my friend Dan Ruelle and his son to his shack about 40 miles from town.  We hung out for the night and i asked a ton of what if questions, and they laughed at me with my lack of hunting knowledge.  We had a great time hanging out.  In the morning we woke up so early i did not realize that that time of day existed, but it does.  We headed out to our stands at about 6AM and sat there for about 3 1/2 hours.  I headed in to the house and saw a deer way off but not a good shot so i let it go.  after lunch we walked around the woods hoping to spook something up but did not see anything.  I went back to my stand at about 3 PM and sat until dark.  The sun set at about 4:40 and the gun fire was all around me, but i still saw nothing.  Just as the frustration of a cold day in the woods set in, a buck walked out of the woods about 50 yards to my north.  As i got set up for the shoot he heard we take off the safety on the gun.  As he tried to locate me i sat completely still and he went back to walking through the field.  Once he began to walk again i got him in my scope and shot.  He immediately dropped to the ground and never moved, (what i like to call the perfect shot) at least in my own mind.  i then waited for DG to come and help with the dirty work of gutting it and getting it to the house.  We loaded it on a 4 wheeler and took some pics.  What a huge rush. thanks to DG for having me and helping with all the hard and dirty work.  Check out the pics. 

Comments

Jim said…
Kyle congrats on the deer, even I only got a spike buck the first time so you have a couple of points on my first one. Glad you had a good experience. Wish Ben,Jesse, and I could have experienced it with you. It will be fun to hear the story in person on Thanksgiving wknd.

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅