Welcome Home From School!!!

One of the most wonderful blessings about being at home with my boys is to be able to welcome them home from school each day.
Each afternoon I prepare a fun snack for them to enjoy so they can recharge for the day and have a chance to check in with me and tell me some of their highlights at school. I love creating this time of day for the boys and I so that they learn how to reflect on their day and give thanks for something God has done or shown them that day.
Micah loves telling me about the new letter of the week and we come up with lots of silly words together with the chosen letter.  This week it is the letter "E"

Andrew is hooked on who his new friends are at school and lots of times we talk about what he did at recess or who he sat by at lunch. His new best friend right now is Brady. It has also been fun to have him read things to me that he brings home. He is becoming very good at reading his sight words! (the, is, at, a, out, in....)
Caleb loves to help me in the kitchen making snack for the school boys. He sits on the front step with me to watch the boys come home and loves sharing with the boys his favorite part of the day with mommy and jacob. 
I am so thankful to have the ability to love on my boys in this way. God has blessed my life with 4 amazing little boys. It is my job to train them and teach them how to be men who love God with their whole heart, soul, mind and strength. My goal as their mommy is to follow God and parent them in a way that leads to a heart fully committed to Him. I pray that my times with my boys after school will help them learn how to give thanks in the ordinary parts for their day and for them to feel loved by their mom. 

Comments

Sara said…
Love this!
Lynn said…
That's what I pray for you too. So good to see your new home and all the boys!
Debbie Griffith said…
I am so proud of you....embracing the season you are in. "YOU are God's workmanship. He created you to do good things and one of them was to raise little boys to become men of character and integrity who love God with their whole heart. He prepared you for this long ago.” Ephesians 2:10 Of course YOU KNOW who are loved for who you are and not for what you do but because He loves you so much this is one of the “works” He chose for you! There will be many seasons to embrace and grow in. The season of raising boys is one…I look forward to seeing what He does with your passion in running and how He incorporates with your sweet spirit of asking and seeking Him in such a genuine way. I love the Anna girl who is now raising little boys!

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅