Jacob is a BIG boy!

Our busy moving, loud talking, full of energy and spunk Jacob Kyle Gunderson has officially turned 1 years old on October 12th. Now that all his birthday celebrations are complete I am forced to sit down and write a blog about what it feels like to be a mommy with no more little ones under 1!!! Let me tell you this is no easy task!!! I love babies and could have seriously kept having children for the sake of loving those first 12 months of life. As we all know, that isn't practical nor healthy for a family or marriage. I suppose I could have held the, "But I need a girl" phrase for Kyle,family members, and close friends, but when I sit in the mornings with my bible open, God whispers "I have called you to be a mom of 4 boys." Day by day I am learning this is a very special calling God has given to me.... 

While I was pregnant with Jacob I had a time where I questioned whether God really had the best plan in mind in giving me a fourth boy...I spent lots of time on my knees in prayer, crying on the phone with my mom, talking the reality out loud with my very dear friends Bethany and Natalie and at times felt like I was wrestling with God over the fact that I didn't get to experience what having a daughter was like...

If you have a close relationship with God you know that when you spend the time listening to Him and being with Him in His word....He will answer your cry and show your feet where to walk... and that is exactly what He did for me. 

God brought me to Matthew 3:17 one dark early morning.... and it says,
"And a voice from heaven said, This is my son (Jacob), whom I LOVE; with him (Jacob) I am well pleased. "
Well, at first I was like, "yes Lord this is what you called your son Jesus. I get that and I know He was certainly pleasing to you." But then God said to me, "No Anna, I want you to read that again." So I did. and I said to God, "ok, is this what your telling me you feel about Jacob?" And God said YES!!! Keep reading it over and over. And I want you to now read it out loud!! So I did. I read it over and over and over and over... until I fully believed it. And now today looking back, I am so blessed to write that I have 4 beautiful sons that were not a mistake but called to be my sons until Christ takes them home. Like I said I am learning day by day that this is a very special calling God has given to me...

Lets check out a few shots now of our little Jake on his 1 year old birthday party with our family. Please forgive me in advance that I don't have many pictures as I was soaking up every moment with him on his special day. My mom took lots of pictures for me so I at least have some great pictures to put in his album! Thanks mom!! 

Here is Jake ready for presents! I love that he randomly sat next to his gifts and was looking at daddy like, "I'm ready, its my special day man!"

Jake checking out his cupcake! Fourth boy actually touched the frosting and cake....he isn't afraid of diving right in!!!
Love the face Jake! Glad you enjoyed this special day with your daddy and mommy, brothers, grandmas and grandpas, uncles and aunts, cousins, Ms. Lynn and Ms. Chloe!!! You are so loved by each of them. We love you Jake and enjoyed smiling and laughing at all the silly things you do! You are a blessing to all of us! I am so thankful for YOU!!

I may not have any pink in my house other then the pink I choose to wear myself. I may not have little dolls or doll houses....but I have 4 little boys that love me more than anything. God knows my heart and He  knows my love for girls.... so excited to see the ways He has planned in fulfilling that open place in my heart. 

"One boy, two boy, three boy, four...." thank you Lord. I wouldn't want it any other way...most days :)











Comments

Sara Reintsma said…
Love this post! Love Jakers! Love your moldable JESUS seeking heart!
Anonymous said…
My dear sweet Anna.....Thanks for sharing your mama's heart with us. The problem with a mama's heart is that the love for her children and family only grows deeper and it doesn't get any easier to let them grow up! It changes, it flexes, and it is always, always, fabulously fun at each and every turn...even when they get older! They learn to communicate with you better and in turn, your relationship grows deeper! You will grow to appreciate being out of the diaper mode and into sharing deeper and more meaningful things with your growing boys/young men. Just wait...it gets better and better....and then, when the time is right.... you hopefully get awesome daughter-in-laws and a son-in-law like we did! More wonderful people to love on...Life is beautiful...and full and abundant! Love keeps growing and changing and all for the better! Way to go, Anna...you are an excellent wife and mother! Love, Terri

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅