Micah’s Cast+family fun

Here is day 1 of getting the cast on!! It was a sad moment in the doctors office hearing the hard truth of what life will look like in a cast- 5weeks until our next appt, no contact sports for 12 weeks...no football. And that’s when the tears were flowing for both Micah and I. We are sad this happened, bummed out that his 6th grade year in the first fall of middle school will be in a cast. However, in it all Micah has been staying pretty positive and trying to keep smiling. We both have moments though that we will make eye contact with one another and him or I will bust into tears....it’s real. Our family plans continued and thankfully Micah’s pain level was very minimal and we could still go out to pizza and to the ski show!! It was so fun!We took grandpa with us and I’m so glad I could spend some time w my dad as life has been so full this summer. I look up to my dad in so many ways...he was telling me last week he biked from his house down to the Mississippi River and back! Isn’t that so cool?! My dad is an awesome guy and teaches me so much about life.A pic with my dad by the Mississippi River❤️In the crazy of Micah breaking his arm, this guy felt awful. Guilty of breaking Micahs arm and living with the fact that his brother has to be in a cast for weeks. I am so proud of my Drew for stepping up as the biggest brother and trying to process when bad things happen and learning to forgive himself for the mistake. Prayers for both my big guys!!It was a special night as a family. Hangout time watching one of our favorite family activities--boating on the water!! Fun to hear my 5 guys oooing and awwwing over the awesome ski tricks!πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šIt’s an unpredictable life living with these 5 but I wouldn’t have it any other way!! 

Lord, continue to watch over our family and show me how to love, guide and build up who you are leading them to be and become. As for me and my house, we will serve you Lord...in it allπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šIt was a fun weekend together. Heading to the Vikings game on Friday night was a blast!  The Vikings won 21-20 and it was a great game!! Lots of fun cheering together and eating treats.

Lovin’ the field!!The guys enjoyed the evening and being together. I’m soaking up these last few weeks before school starts! 

 The next day we enjoyed a nice breakfast at mom and dads before heading out to our family picnic! I always enjoy connecting with my cousins and their families each year. Very special we keep getting together.My dad is famous for his birthday cakes and I love seeing all the kids looking at the cake...My dad really makes the BEST cake!!!Mom and Lila KateπŸ’•I just can’t believe my little god-daughter is heading to kindergarten already!! I will be praying for her on Wednesday September 5th!πŸ’•

Love this picture with my cousin Megan. How often do we take pics at our age together?? I will cherish this photo forever. Thankful for family.Grandpa Curt and my big guys...doesn’t get much sweeter. Family truly is everything❤️

One last week yet of summer and I’m going to enjoy each and everyday!!☀️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!πŸ˜