Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

3:00:38
Grandmas Marathon PR!!
I’m still smiling…things are coming along nicely in my marathon expertise! Haha, Im just being silly but I really am learning more as I go-what works best for me, what doesn’t. 
June 17th was a blast!!
Cramps hit strong in my left calf around mile 18 and then my pace got more limited as I went, I was so scared I would pull something that I tried to find the balance of push and hold up!
Super proud of this race and the battle I fought. The marathon is a beast and continues to challenge me! Games ON still for the CIM Marathon on December 3rd. 😁First up though, trails and less miles for me for awhile.

My friend Leah is a true gem, someone I really enjoy sharing running miles and life with. Kyle, Micah and I enjoyed time with Leah’s family in Duluth. Her sister Sara and brother-in-law Mike made us feel so welcome and special! 
I’ve been getting faster and continue to PR each year since my late 30s, in fact the last time I raced Grandmas Marathon I ran a 3:16 time. Totally crushing my time!! Feels good to be learning more and more how my body trains best to race marathons. I love this distance and I love figuring out my full potential in the marathon. I don’t feel done, but only beginning my journey in racing and finding out what I can do!
Kyle and I had a fun time celebrating post race. I couldn’t race without his support as it takes lots of time and energy. But we love adventures and living life to the fullest…Together.❤️



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅