Cali trip part1!☀️

 Cali trip! Our travels went so smooth and simple. I was beyond excited for this trip as I have wanted to check out this marathon in California for awhile now! Especially since it was right by my birthday 🥳 the course looked awesome, and I knew for sure it was a place I had to go explore and check out!

Golden Gate Bridge Kyle and I decided to take the scenic route and drive over the Golden Gate Bridge for our first time together! So pretty, and So big!

VRBO with friends! We hooked up with my running buddy Andy and his wife and a few other friends that were so nice. They were running the marathon as a relay team! Kyle and I really enjoyed our time with them through the marathon weekend, always better together! Andy and I went for a shakeout run together on Saturday morning before heading to the expo.
Expo experience was fun and crazy busy! Found some great souvenirs here and took some fun pics!

Melanie and Gloria were so sweet and funny!! Loved spending time with these guys!

Folsom Museum was really interesting and a spot that Melanie had been hoping to check out, I’m glad we did. Although, it was a bit creepy bc there are still very dangerous prisoners there. 


Mandarin Ranch Andy made a sharp uturn after driving by the mandarin ranch, which we were all glad he did! It smelled so good and citrusy even when we pulled up. Fun place to check out and try oranges, absolutely delicious! 
Kyle was so fun to spend time with this entire trip and he always makes me laugh!
Oranges 🍊 BEST we’ve honestly ever had!!!
Incredible views we soaked up on our pre-marathon drive. We also drove the CIM course backwards, not sure it was helpful or not haha!

Auburn was too close to not stop in and say “hi!” This place is very special to the running world… it is where the Western States 100mile race finishes. A runner can only dream of getting into Western States!! Maybe someday! 🤞🏻

Race day tomorrow!!! It was a fun way to spend our pre-race day together, checking the Sacramento area out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅