Cali trip part2!

 CIM23 RACE RECAP!!

Race day started out super smooth with travels to the start line that were flawless, thank you Kyle for the 5:30a drop off!! Our 7a start time got bumped to 7:10a, thankful for my sweatshirt as I waited the extra time. Fun talking to other runners around me and hearing their game plans! 

The first half of the race was pretty hilly, so I held back very conservatively on purpose. I remember thinking, “I’m getting more tired then I was hoping…” but didn’t get too worked up about it.

I came across at 13.1 around 1:29:40ish and felt like I was doing a good job keeping it controlled.

I came up alongside Andy around mile 18, surprised I had caught up to him at this point. I figured I could possibly hold on with him till the finish when I soon realized he was fading fast…

I went ahead with the 3hr group but eventually I lost sight of the guy with the sign, it got warm out, and I needed water! Mile 20 I drank a lot of water. Thankful I saw Kyle around here because it got super real and I could tell my heart rate had skyrocketed into the 180s and my body was getting maxed out. Sadly, my body held me in survival mode and all I remember was focusing on that finish line! 

3:01:36 I executed well. Played it smart out there. Incredible race. Incredibly thankful. 

All Joy, No Stress.
Giving God my best in ALL I do is SUCCESS for Me!
The course was amazing and if I get the chance to race here again, I will for sure do it!! It was an amazing day and a huge part of my Journey as a runner!💛

Post race photo of our Finishing Crew! The capital finish line is super cool!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅