Friday Top5! Dukey turns 1yrs old+HR training+Homecoming

1. Stillwater 10 mile Log Run! A new fall favorite for me. I really enjoy this hilly course and the amazing downhill finish! I hope to do this one every year I can, it is just so great and the weather has been perfect the last 2 years I have done it! This year I brought my friend Rich who has helped me rethink my pacing during long distance training and races. I have completely changed the way that I have been training  in the last 3 months to run according to my heart rate. I will be honest and say that it hasn't been easy to hold my body back when my mind wants to race! I am excited to see how the Twin Cities Marathon goes next weekend! It will be so less stressful to start out at a 147 HR then to "bust out of the gates" at the start line like I did at Grandmas Marathon. Trusting in this new plan and way of thinking! It has made me fall in love with running again. Thankful for his help! 
 Finish line at the Stillwater 10mile!
**Drew had a fun day on Saturday going to ValleyScare with a bunch of his friends!! He so loves this and it has become a fun fall tradition!
 2. Duke turns 1 years old! Our Dukey turned one years old on Monday this week,  September 22nd. We had fun celebrating him and he even got invited to a puppy party with all his siblings, mom and dad!! It was so special and fun!!!

Duke's dad
Duke's mom Hazel
3. HR Training has become such a JOY to me. I love waking up in the mornings and enjoying these beautiful sunrises each day. It is so refreshing to run by how my body feels and be able to run fast when I feel fast and easy when my body is tired. I believe this is the way running was meant to be! 
 
4. Smoothies I love this idea on prepping my smoothies for the winter months! It is a great reminder to start this up in October and make morning smoothies after my longer runs or quality workouts. 
 5. Homecoming is a favorite for us each year! I love how each of the boys do something different and enjoy connecting with their friends. Drew walked with friends to the parade, went to Dominos for supper and then went to the game. Micah walked with friends to the parade, went out to pizza with Kyle, and hooked back up with friends at the game. Caleb had a friend come over after school and went to the parade with us, then picked up Alan and went out to pizza, then headed to the game. Jake was in the parade with his friend Kypton and then headed to pizza and the game. WE LOVE MENOMONIE!!! So blessed by our community!!! Great night and the Mustang's Won!!
Jake and his buddy Kypton and Landon having fun together! Great tradition!! Caleb and Landon had fun getting extra treats from Jake. 


 September has gone by so incredibly fast! We are starting to feel a solid fall routine.
Family Update:

Drew is really enjoying his football season. Fun to see them win again this week 16-0! Full days for him with school and football but seems to be managing it well this week. He got a cold this week but seems to be feeling much better. 

Micah had a quiet week, enjoyed playing 7on7 Tuesday/Thursday and finding time to rest and see friends when out watching Drew play football. School teachers concerned about him getting easily distracted so praying he can be better at being more respectful and pay attention in class. 

Caleb had a fun morning of football making 2 touchdowns!! School is going well  for him and he had fun connecting with friends for Homecoming. 

Jake only teary one day this week going to school! Seems to be getting better. I was also at Oaklawn twice this week so I think that helps too when I am in the building. Loved biking to football with Micah and I this morning and loves to play outside everyday until it gets dark! 

Kyle got an awesome invite to join Living Waters in Houston at the end of October and invited me to come along!! We are excited to head out on a quick flight together to Houston! He is doing so well at church and making good boundaries, I am so proud of him!

Me  the Twin Cities Marathon is next weekend and I am so excited to run this beautiful course! It will be fun to see how my Heart Rate Training goes and if I feel a nice strong solid finish. Time is not all that important as is the feeling of a strong finish. I have also been subbing 3ish times a week! I had a blast in a kindergarten classroom yesterday afternoon singing, painting, and reading great stories!! 🍁 Fall is in full swing around here!!🍁 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅