Friday-Top5! Sept 13th

1. Kyle's Installation was so special and of course makes our top5 of the week! Our family is honored to be taking on this new role at Cedarbrook church. I feel an extra tug on my heart to be praying and lifting Kyle up to the Lord each morning when I wake up. I know that this role will require more rest and recharge time after a long day or full week/s and I want our home and our family to be that for him. The boys are so proud of Kyle and are glad to be able to continue calling Menomonie their home. Blessed morning!
 2. Celebrating The lead team did a fantastic job decorating and celebrating Kyle on Sunday morning! It was a really great morning. Our family will always remember this special day for our church.
 3. Football has begun! One of my favorite times of year is bringing my lawn chair on Tuesday and Thursday evenings to cheer for the boys playing football. This year we will be cheering for Micah!
6-7:30 every Tuesday and Thursday night! I love how you can see my lawn chair shadow!
 4. New Recipes I am committing to making a new recipe each Wednesday night from my favorite cookbook Run fast. Eat slow and baking a breakfast item each Friday afternoon for our big Saturday breakfasts. I love getting back to routine!
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
great in tortillas with avocado, lettuce, sour cream OR
in salads!
 5. Eau Claire Marathon has a new course!! The new plan just came out so I'm looking it over and waiting until signup time! Sunday May 3rd, 2020!!!
Family Update-
Each week I will be including a sneak peak into our home for the real scoop on life. This week has gone by fast for us. 
-Drew is loving football but looking tired out each night. I think he needs to include more variety in his diet or start up on a daily vitamin.

-Micah has great teachers this year, especially Mr. Semling, his social studies teacher who is helping Micah learn how to best focus in class and on tests. From here on when the class takes a test, Micah will go into his own room where it is quiet and he can focus better. Love it!

-Caleb is our big 5th grader this year and we love that each morning he takes a shower and puts on his contacts. I am noticing that his clothes matter a little bit more too this year! Oh my heart... I signed up to go on a field trip to the Environmental Site with him in a few weeks! Excited about that.

-Jake has not been loving school or the school routine. We have spent most nights this week snuggling on the couch and him getting teary about having to go to school the next day. He says he just wants to stay home. This has been hard on my mommy heart and I am praying that his fall routine will begin to feel more peaceful to him. 

-Kyle was able to come early Wednesday and Friday this week to take an afternoon rest. Of course Friday he is off but it was nice to see him rest. It was a good week for him and he especially loved his lunch out with Michaelangelo yesterday!

-Me I am beginning to sub again and although I really do enjoy it, my heart hesitates to get too busy subbing because I so enjoy being home and making our home a clean place to be with lots of great food and healthy snacks for my boys. I love caring for our family so much. Going forward I foresee me teaching 2-3 times per week. Id like to become better at watching our money so I never have to go to work full time. I really feel God is not calling me to step out and commit that much of me, yet.

Blessed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅