Florida 2020! day4 Marco Island Half Marathon

Race Day! I was so excited to go to the starting line and get some warm miles in. The morning was muggy and warm, I grabbed ice and held it in my hands and it instantly melted. So crazy! I had so much fun meeting other people before the race. So many were just so thankful that the race hadn't been cancelled and were excited too to be racing. 
Once the race began the miles flew by and my body felt amazing the entire race! I felt stronger as the race continued, exactly how I have been training these last 6 months. Fun to experience! The final 5k of the race I cranked it in at 6min pace miles, feeling worn but still enough energy to pull through until the finish. I knew I was 1st female throughout the race but wasn't sure if the competition was coming up from behind me so I held on strong to keep a good distance between the female behind me. Such a fun morning!
I felt great the entire race even when I began the kickin at mile 10! 

I will never forget this special morning, so special to me and it was really so much fun.
Once we got back to Ft. Myers, Kyle and I jumped in the pool with the boys and told them all about the boat and race! After lunch we took off to the beach just the 6 of us and had a fun afternoon. We also stopped at the Nike Outlet to do some shopping!





Such a great day!!! For supper we went to my favorite restaurant in Ft. Myers, Bahama Breeze!! I enjoyed coconut shrimp and french fries for my post race celebration!! Great Race Day! I will remember this day FOREVER~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅