Twin Cities Marathon 2019 Recap!

I had the best time last weekend running in the Twin Cities Marathon and it has taken me until now to give a full recap! I am beyond grateful to have been able to run 26.2 miles in complete Joy! 

I was so glad to connect with my ministry sister and friend, Erica, before the race began. We chatted right up until it was almost too late! Thankfully we did not miss the gun start and I was able to grab a nice spot in corral 1 to get the first few miles started comfortably. 
Around mile 5 I decided that I needed to use the bathroom since I wasn’t able to before the race started and for the first time ever I used the portable bathroom during a race! Bummed to stop on course but I knew I’d be so much more comfortable for the rest of the morning. 
From there, I never looked at pace, only my heart rate, which for the day was my goal. I also met some new friends along the course and had fun visiting with many runners. So many people were like me holding back the pace for a nice solid finish. 
I had fun hearing lots of people cheering, seeing my guys and parents along the course, and I spotted my college roommate cheering on the course as well! It was such a fun day to run.
Below is a pic of me looking back at my boys telling them I love them and that Id see them at the finish!
This photo is so funny because my face looks funny! I must have been drinking my nuun hydrate!! Absolutely loved having my water bottle with me so I could avoid all water stations, so slick! I will for sure do that again in future races. 
The final 10k will forever stick with me as I ran with a woman at mile 20 up a big hill holding hands, patted a guy on the back who was walking at mile 21, high fived a woman at mile 22 telling her I believed in her, telling a guy to stay with me at mile 23, and then just kicking it in for those final few miles passing many many runners. It was the best experience I have EVER had in a marathon. Not a PR for me but definitely not disappointed. I felt as though God was smiling down at me saying, Now that’s why I bless you with this gift!!! 
It was a fun feeling to negative split too, something I will continue to strive for in every race I do going forward. 
Could I have run faster? Yep.
Did I have a blast? Yep.
Will I do more races? Yep.
It was a perfect day for ME!!
3:17•
My dad was so helpful to me at the race. He brought me early, so early we drove around for a bit first! Fun to visit together as the sun was rising. He also helped the boys and my mom to see me on the course twice and at the finish line. It was so nice to see and hear them! 
3 of my 4 boys were there cheering, Micah stayed back for his 7on7 championship football game! Love these smiles and thankful they came. 
Happy for a fun day doing what I LOVE!!

This completes my marathon races for 2019•
3 marathons in one year•
Rest time•Time for new goals!•
2020 I’m Coming After You•
🏃🏼‍♀️❤️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅