EC Virtual Marathon Recap!

EC Virtual Marathon Recap!
What a FUN DAY!!! It was better then I could have ever imagined.😃 I was beyond blessed last Saturday running my virtual marathon. Kyle is such a rockstar for loading up 5 bikes, bike helmets, like 10 water bottles and snacks for the boys! Thankful to my great running friends Rick, Mandy and Leah for showing up in EC at 7:30AM dedicated to the morning ahead. The sun was shining and the weather ideal conditions... I was absolutely blown away by God's overflowing love for me. 🥰

Miles 1-13.1 Mandy joined us for the 1st half of the race and the miles went along easy and smooth, fun to run over bridges, under a tunnel, and on the out and back trail! I really like the new course! Glad they changed it up.

Miles 13.1-26.2 Leah hopped in and took over the 2nd half of the course! It really helped to have my running partners help me out. Leah was so great talking and making us laugh going up some tough hills from miles 13-15. So great! I remember singing Michael Jackson's Black or White song out loud on mile 16, not sure my crew enjoyed my singing. 😁 However, I was feeling so good!
On the bike path! This is one of my favorite pictures of Leah leading us and Kyle supporting us. It was so incredible. The wind was a bit strong on the 16-21 mile stretch, so I was thankful to tuck behind Leah during these miles.
I felt so good all morning, I think staying healthy and getting in some high mile weeks uninjured was the ticket for this race. The miles went by so smooth and easy the entire race. I had to focus in those final miles, Kyle says I even grunted in the final stretch, but my body felt strong and capable and in zone. I never felt I had to dig too deep, so thinking when I go back in September to race it again, I can be even quicker pressing a bit deeper then I did on Saturday given a more real race situation. Makes me EXCITED!!😄
3:13:31 PR🏃🏼‍♀️
Coolest feeling to come in and finish strong with all my Guys on bikes!!! It was the Greatest experience I will EVER have in racing a marathon. 
So glad Kyle and I decided to GO4IT during COVID-19!!! 
My Pacers+Support Crew
Leah and Mandy are great running partners and I so enjoy having wonderful friends who enjoy running as much as I do!!
Here is our Tuesday morning running team!
Finish line Photo: #ECvirtualMarthon Complete!
My sweet and wonderful friend Amy was waiting for me at the finish line and I just ran right into her arms, losing my balance. Felt so good to collapse in her arms! Oh how much I love her and our friendship! Her sign was great too! I love how we support each other in all that we do! Most importantly our relationship with God.
An Incredible Day
I was the happiest girl in the whole world last Saturday. I will be smiling and rejoicing for awhile as I reflect on this day.
Be glad and rejoice with all your heart. Zephaniah 3:14
3:13:31





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅