Eau Claire Marathon 2017

Beautiful morning to run the Eau Claire Marathon 2017!!
Nice to have Linda and Chad join us for a fun racing weekend!
Smiling not knowing the race about to begin would prove to be a real challenge for me... I'm always thankful for the ability to run and feel Gods glory on race day even when the race does not go the way I had planned or prepared. The course was very challenging to me considering the other marathons I have raced in the past did not ever come close to an elevation gain of 727 ft! Dang those hills in the 1st half!!
This is around mile 22 and the legs were starting to burn! I wasn't looking too bad here though! It was so fun to see Kyle and the boys on the course like 8 times!!!! I loved their cheering and I knew I could totally finish this thing!
This pic is heading into Carson park and just about to finish!! It was quite the journey, but I got it done!!! 3:38~comeback marathon time!
Smiles to say, I completed it even when it got tough out there!! Determined to get back out there and race some more!
The BEST cheering crew! Couldn't do it without your love and support!
Natalie took on the half marathon!! It was fun to meet up and chat about the race together after!
It's Completed!!
It's been a full week and I will be honest and say that I wish it would have been a faster marathon for me. I'd seen much faster times on my Garmin during training. But as I've learned from experience, some races are spot on and some races aren't. Those that know me well know that I'll be back on the roads in no time working at getting stronger. Focusing on some shorter distances and trying out my 1st triathlon are my next adventures!! Enjoying my Journey. ~anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅