Time with Mom.

The week went quickly and I’ve so enjoyed time this week with my mom.

Wednesday- Kyle, my dad, and all 4 boys left for Canada 🇨🇦 🎣 around 9a and mom and I have so enjoyed time together. We went to Fleet farm to buy new sunglasses and then Walmart for a few groceries. Then home to start laundry and clean bathrooms! I know it, sounds like not a fun way to start out but it really felt nice to get the house clean after the boys left. We ate lunch, crackers and cheese, Cheetos and nectarines. Then read our books and rested. We decided to go to Chippewa Falls to walk at Irvine Park and had ice cream at Olson’s 🍦🍦 home to walk the dogs, ate chowmein for supper and snuggled up under blankets to watch a movie- Instant Family. So good!!
Thursday- We slept in until 8a!!! Felt Amazing!! I put on my running shoes and enjoyed an hour run with my praise music and feeling the warm sunshine. I came back and worked on my Joshua bible study ( I am so enjoying studying Gods word!!) and took a shower. I even had time to dry my hair and put a little makeup on! Heavenly. I grabbed my daily clif bar and was set for a fun day with my mom. We decided to bike the lake loop so we filled up our water bottles and took off for an hour ride. The weather was perfect. We ate lunch, same at yesterday, and then read books and rested. I am so enjoying this time to have the house quiet. When I woke up I went for my afternoon run in the afternoon heat. I drank so much water when I came home! So thirsty from the HOT sun!! We worked on weeding the backyard garden together and then cleaned up to go out to supper. We shopped in LaDeeDah and another cute store downtown Menomonie before supper. I found some great gifts for my niece Clara and for Amy’s birthday coming up!! Then I took mom to Lucette’s pizza for supper. We both loved it and enjoyed trying a unique pizza with a cream sauce base, pulled chicken and spinach. So yummy!! Fun evening out. We came back and enjoyed Rhubarb Crunch and played Yamslam (its a Yahtzee type game). Read our books and fell asleep around 10:30p😊 full but wonderful day!!

Friday- We slept in until 8a again!! Felt so great. I went for a recovery run in town, stopping at the gym to do my simple strengthening routine. We weeded the side of the house before heading to Eau Claire to do some shopping. I’m so enjoying this time with my mom! We found great deals at Kohl’s and quickly stopped at SamsClub for our weekly essentials. Lunch at Panera today!! We ordered Strawberry Chicken salads and loved every bite. Home to rest and read before going for a bike ride together. We decided to rent another movie, why not?!😊 We biked up to the movie store and after supper watched the movie Breakthrough. It was excellent, kinda sad but excellent. We enjoyed a box of sugar babies too!
Saturday- I woke up at 5:30a to meet up with my running buds Kate and Karen. I ran 15.5 with them at a 8:20 pace 145HR (so happy!) It felt wonderful to connect with friends again. Home by 8:20a to shower and get on our bikes to have coffee at Marion’s and share a maple pecan scone ☕️😋 we returned our movie and biked to the coop. Mom had fun checking everything out at the coop with me. The afternoon consisted of resting and reading, making chocolate chip cookies and getting ready to see the guys!!
It was an absolutely incredible week with my mom. I hope I get to have another sometime, but for now I will soak up this week and place it in a very special spot of my heart to remember forever and ever. ❤️ thank you Lord for this time with my mom.

A few pics sent from our guys having a fun time in Canada!!!




Fun memories made this week!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅