Pastors Retreat

Kyle and I went to Sonscape Retreat in Colorado Springs last week, and it was one of the most beautiful trips Kyle and I have had the opportunity to go on together. Each morning the sunrise was absolutely stunning.
I was blessed with the most gorgeous runs throughout our time away. Kyle and I had fun mapping out where I would adventure off to in the morning and these are a few of my amazing views!
The mornings were always blue skies and warm right away, my favorite time of day!
We enjoyed many hikes on trails, my favorite was Crag's trail. We also had fun going to Garden of the gods and renting Ebikes to tour the park. However, we got nailed with an afternoon hail storm and that really hurt biking! Kyle and I were both beaten up by the hail damage on our arms and legs! Made for a great memory maker though! Most afternoons there was a rain storm each day, it was almost comical because you could start seeing the clouds roll in around 2pm. 😆
These bikes were really fun and so glad we got to try them out!
Having fun with Kyle's drone one afternoon at Red Rock State Park.


So many cool spots in Colorado Springs! This was taken at Horsethief State Park. 
Pike Peak Climb was definitely my favorite day!! Kyle and I left at 6a to hike to the 
Summit 14, 115ft of elevation! It was so Awesome!!!! 


Gorgeous views and an incredible 8 hour day of hiking!
We made it to the Summit!
When we were all done we both were so hungry and went to the gas station to get tortilla chips and salsa! Perfect post hiking snack and one of the BEST days of my life with Kyle (other then when we got married of course!) I hope someday we get to do this again together. 😊
It was a wonderful week away for us as a couple. I especially enjoyed the Jeep that we got to drive around all week! I loved spending time away with my best friend learning and growing together how to become an even stronger couple, wise parents, and solid leaders for Christ. Our marriage counseling was incredibly helpful and I would highly recommend other pastors and their wives to take advantage of this time away to refresh and learn some new creative ideas to help build and keep a strong marriage in ministry. I hope we can go back again and learn more in the next season of our lives, when our boys are in college/ high school. Thankful for the couples we met and the people who work at Sonscape who provide a wonderful environment for pastors and families in ministry.
We are blessed❤️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!😅