Pikes Peak Ultra July 25th⛰

This day went by way too fast....it began at 4:00am when the alarm went off. Made a piece of toast while waking up, trying to remember what I signed up for... oh yeah, Pikes Peak Ultra! This race was about to challenge me a bit more then any race I’ve ever done. 
 Today, I was taking on a 50mile ultra run! Thankful God brought the greatest running partner into my life, because running together is so much better then running alone! Here is our running crew ready to head out at 4:50a!
Race started at 5:40a and the sunrise was so pretty as we headed out.
I soaked in every moment of the day and enjoyed some incredible views along the way! Ran in the moment and didn’t worry or think about anything other then the mile I was in and looking around to see everything around me. Time meant nothing to me. 
1st bib worn this year with COVID-19, actually pretty cool moment so needed to get this pic.
Our approach in training and racing ultras is to conserve our energy on the inclines, while taking on the flats and downhills. So we hiked a lot on the inclines, and there was a lot of climbing! 
Our view from the Summit!
The secret to ultra running isn’t speed or stamina. It’s progression. This smile says it all!
We stopped back to the start at the 50k mark, changed clothes/shoes/socks/ grabbedsnacks/ more water and we headed out again to reach 50 miles. I was almost giddy to get back out there and get our 50 mile distance Complete! I was having a blast.😁
The next 18 miles may have been my favorite because our conversations were getting more silly and emotional as we went. I’ll never forget getting the giggles and not being able to stop around mile 40, or the tears that came in the final 5miles from being so grateful for running and listening to those beautiful foot steps behind me reminding me how blessed I am to have an amazing running partner that God brought into my life. 
This strategy for running that I am following (ChiRunning, MAF training, nasal breathing) from my brother in Christ and Bestie is something I plan to follow forever until I can run in heaven someday. My body feels strong and healthy and allows me to dream big and do things that make my soul soar! I am forever thankful.
Celebration Time! So much fun to shower up and head out for supper together. It was fun talking about the race day, running in general, future races, and past running experiences together!
Love all these smiles and thankful for time spent together.
Pikes Peak Ultra was a dream day! πŸ”πŸ₯°
“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on toward the goal to win the heavenly prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 3:12-14


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandmas Marathon- getting faster!!

Getting better and getting ready to go home!

Friday came quick!πŸ˜